2016 International Taipei Design House Exhibition is a WDC Taipei 2016 signature event, which concretely showcases Taipei’s diverse lifestyle, conveys the important role played by design in the city, and compiles the achievements of the city government’s effort in introducing design into public policies, displaying the vision and practical solutions of improving living quality in the city and providing citizens a more livable city through utilization of design. With design, the city drives urban development, improves living environment, and enhances quality of life; and through design applications, the city further fosters the city’s future competitiveness and attractiveness.
- Propose overall curatorial statement in accordance to the objectives, themes, and the exhibition plans for six pavilions.
- To ensure quality of exhibits and coordination, the international curatorial consultant shall provide the curatorial team in Taiwan recommendations on exhibition content and overall plan for the flow of visitors.
- Design spiritual landmark according to the architectural features of Songshan Cultural and Creative Park and the themes of the exhibition, which will serve as the exhibition’s icon.
- Introduce international trends and opinions and utilize diverse methods to showcase Taipei’s design energy, highlighting the value of design in the city, enhancing Taipei’s horizon and depth, and elevating the exhibition into a key international event.
- Introduce international resources and media related to exhibition curating, design, and culture, increasing the exhibition’s international exposure.
Taiwan Design Center
T +886 2 2745-8199 ext.371